How to Add Facebook Pixel to WordPress Without A Plugin (Step by Step)June 12, 2019 General Topics, Wordpress
When the user runs a WordPress (WP) website and familiar about the social media platform popularity. Then, beneficial aspects should not be missed. While the concern is Facebook (FB) Pixel WordPress, two significant things should be kept in mind.
- Generation of more conversations
- Connecting to the right audience
Facebook has better advertising abilities for every business type. WordPress is the easiest one among all to initiate a business. This article provides an experiment to add facebook pixel to WordPress without a plug-in.
1. Facebook Conversion Pixel
Facebook pixel helps the user to figure out the conversion rate of Facebook ads. The user’s actions can be analyzed. The customers from the number of devices can be tracked before analyzing the conversion process.
2. Facebook Tracking Pixel
Website traffic monitoring is important to check the interaction of visitors on your website. Using FB pixel WP, a user could check the performance of FB ads, the custom audience can be created, etc.
3. Optimization of Facebook Ad campaign
The necessary data can be collected from the FB tracker. This data is profitable for refining the FB advertising approach. Return on Advertising Spend (ROAS) can be improved. The ads can be shown only to those with an appropriate aim. Like, purchase completion. The ads can be optimized for superior conversions.
4. FB Retargeting Pixel
From the data of FB pixel helper chrome, related ads can be served to the visitors. The ads can only be served to those who have shown their concern in products or services being advertised. Like, when the user likes some product on FB. Then, the advertisement will be shown till the purchase is done.
5. Approaching the Right Audience
Approaching the right audience is more important than the new customer for developing a business. From the tracking data, the FB stores will be visible to those with the same taste as the previous customers. It not only gives more visitors but also assists in converting visitors to customers.
To this point, a user becomes familiar with FB pixel. So, let’s get started with measures that would help in adding FB pixels to WP without Plug-ins. After using WordPress, the user become familiar with the website phenomenon using Plug-ins and is an easy task. Plug-ins have diverse benefits and save a lot of time as well. But there are some drawbacks though. The available free Plug-ins on WordPress repository can be infected with some errors. The errors can affect the security of the website. Few of the Plug-ins on the WP repository are written carelessly and poorly. And, resulting in redundant requests to the database and slows down the website.
A lot of time has been taken by WordPress developers took time in developing a Plug-in with the addition to the WordPress repository. These errors sometimes resulted in the cancellation of the project and moves ahead. It is clear that WordPress has improved in terms of updating but has not shown its capability in keeping Plug-ins. It might probably break the consistency of the website. When it comes to WordPress website development, FB pixel can be used than Jetpack Plug-in. Simply, there is no need to consider Plug-ins and coding but need to watch out the actions.
Step by Step Guidance of Adding Facebook Pixel to your WordPress Website without using Plugin are:
1) First, backup of your website is mandatory. It can be done by hosting plans. The designer or the developer can help out in providing access when the user does not have. It is essential to have access to every file.
2) The facebook pixel code can be obtained from: https://www.facebook.com/business/help/952192354843755?helpref=faq_content#createpixel. This link would help in the creation process of FB pixel. For this, an FB business account or page is required.
3) After the generation of the pixel code, copy it.
4) Return to the WordPress dashboard.
5) Direct towards the Appearance>>> and click on “Editor”.
6) While using the parent theme, each file has to be listed in the right column.
7) When the user is using the child theme, then navigate to the top of the right column. No pull-down menu is present. Choose the parent theme of the child theme to use. The answers to the preference of the child theme are provided in this link.
8) Discover the Header.php file. It can also be termed as Theme. Header. The next step can be proceeded by clicking on it.
9) A window with more code will appear.
10) Around the file text, viz., header.php, <head> as an opening tag and </head> as the closing tag will appear. From here which the website needs to add in each page will move. Like, google analytics, google fonts, and pixel code, etc.
Image source: https://wprocket-eb2.kxcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/1/Edit-WordPress-Theme-Facebook-Pixel.png
11) Paste the pixel code on right before the </head>.
12) From the bottom, click on the UpdateFile.
13) Perfect! The pixel code has been added successfully to WordPress.
The execution of the Facebook pixel might take some time to collect the data. The user can find whether the FB pixel is active or not by navigating to the Pixel tab. It can be done from the Ads Manager account. When there is a green light, then the active state of facebook pixel will be confirmed. The red line is the confirmation of not proper implementation. Or, it is a sign of data gathering.
The addition of Facebook pixel to your WordPress website without a Plugin will be useful for Remarketing and Retargeting. FB pixel will help a business owner to get a high valued audience. Return on Investment (ROI) for every campaign will also generate. With less cost, more efficient ads and more ROI will be accomplished.